Friday, November 17, 2017

Effects Loop Volume Box (Line Attenuator)

I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with the "loud at 1" issue since I live in an apartment with shared walls. I thought about changing the volume pots in the amp itself, but weary of moding it just for this usage. So the quick and dirty (and cheap) solution is adding a pot in the effects loop. Here is a nice link that explains what this task entails.

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/2159

Here is the easily understood construction drawing.

Image result for effects loop volume box schematic



Update 2018.01.13
I have accumulated parts and threw it together, now on my way to use my amp in closet musicians terms.Built the unit with a plastic box bought at Daiso and part from Tayda. I plugged it into the effects loop of my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and can now play in my apartment with manageable volumes. Now I need to acquire a knob to finish it off (and perhaps line the inside with aluminum for noise insulation).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment